The healthcare sector includes organizations engaged in the delivery of medical and healthcare products and services. Within this sector, nursing and residential care facilities are particularly challenged with high rates of occupational injury and illness. As a result, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has targeted these workplaces for inspection under their National Emphasis Program (NEP). Hazards specific to nursing and residential care facilities include:
- Exposure to soft tissue hazards from ergonomic stressors relating to resident handling and from slips, trips, and falls
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and to a myriad of infectious diseases such as tuberculosis
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals such as sanitizers, disinfectants and hazardous drugs, and
- Exposure to workplace violence
Colden Corporation provides a comprehensive approach to mitigate the risks associated with healthcare safety hazards, while helping clients comply with OSHA regulations, and reduce insurance, medical treatment, and overhead costs associated with workplace injuries and illnesses.
Our healthcare service program is managed by Dr. Shannon Magari, ScD, MPH, MS, and Paul Webb, MBA, MPH, CIH, CSP. We offer:
- Soft tissue injury prevention that addresses ergonomic hazards, slips, trips, and falls.
- Biosafety services performed by Certified Biosafety Professionals, including exposure assessment and control, and bloodborne pathogens protective methods
- Chemical risk management
- Ventilation performance testing and design
- Program development and auditing services
- Employee training