LEV Performance Testing and Design
Local exhaust ventilation (LEV) systems remove contaminants at or near the point of release in order to provide a safe working environment. Employers who use LEV systems to control hazardous agents in the workplace must ensure they are operating properly and efficiently.
Colden's team of Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals understand the science behind industrial ventilation systems. Our experts possess the skills to assess LEV systems serving a wide variety of applications and processes. We also collaborate with Professional Engineers to provide design specifications for new LEV systems.
Colden's Services Include:
- Hood performance testing
- Duct velocity measurements
- LEV system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Preliminary design specifications
- Transport velocity requirements
- Fan size and selection
- Duct sizing
- Air cleaning device selection
- Determination of volumetric flow requirements