Colden's professional health physics staff provides comprehensive safety services to clients whose employees may be exposed to ionizing and non-ionizing radiation. Such exposures occur through their work with radioactive materials, lasers, x-ray machines, radar, microwave equipment, communication and radio frequency equipment, and video display terminals.
Radiation consulting services provided by Colden allow for effective radiation safety practices and compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ionizing and non-ionizing exposure surveys
- Assembly of inventories and tracking systems for materials and equipment
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and local agency compliance management
- Air and surface sampling
- Safety program development and training
- Site-specific standard operating procedures
- Radioactive waste management
- Program audits
- Dosimetry program management