EHS Specialist – Asbestos Services – Blue Bell, PA
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premier clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
Excellent opportunity for an asbestos professional to work out of our Blue Bell, Pennsylvania office. The right candidate will have robust experience in asbestos project monitoring and air sampling, with a strong interest and aptitude in field work related to hazardous building material management and environmental, health, and safety (EHS). The EHS Specialist will have the opportunity to lead various asbestos management projects and receive tailored mentoring from Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs). Interest in construction safety is a plus and Colden will provide professional development opportunities to strengthen knowledge in this field.
- Work with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and specialists to provide EHS consulting services to a diverse group of clients.
- Provide asbestos management services; including inspections, sampling, and project monitoring.
- Perform safety audits in a wide range of industrial and non-industrial settings.
- Exercise a working knowledge of hazardous building material recognition and their methods of control.
- Participate in addressing other issues such as respiratory protection, industrial hygiene, and hazardous materials abatement.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ANSI, NFPA).
- Interact with business leaders, technical personnel and production workers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and ethical conduct are essential.
- Prepare written reports using MS Office Applications.
- Working knowledge of federal asbestos regulations required.
- Working knowledge of industrial hygiene air and bulk material sampling required.
- EPA equivalent asbestos project monitoring and air sampling technician training is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Science or related Science degree (BS) is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Pennsylvania state asbestos regulations is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry (PA – DLI) Asbestos Building Inspector certification preferred, but not mandatory.
- PA – DLI Asbestos Management Planner and Philadelphia credentials desirable, but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to manage challenging workload independently with support from others.
- Must display initiative.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and recognize the importance of producing quality work.
- Willing to travel and work flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable car.
- COVID-19 vaccination
Colden Corporation offers competitive salary and benefits including health, life, disability and dental insurances; retirement plan; paid vacation, holiday and sick time; reimbursement for professional development efforts and professional organization membership.
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “EHS Specialist, Asbestos Services – Blue Bell” in the subject line.