Administrative Assistant – East Syracuse, NY and Albany, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental management consulting firm founded over twenty-five years ago, owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs), Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs), and environmental health scientists. We are a dynamic and growing consulting firm seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
Colden has immediate openings for full-time or part-time Administrative Assistant positions located in our offices in the Albany, NY area (Round Lake; 15 minutes south of Saratoga Springs) or in E. Syracuse, NY.
The Administrative Assistant will support a variety of company-wide and office functions at a well-established consulting firm, including for company events, communications and recordkeeping, business development, and project management tasks. Orientation training will be provided with ongoing support available in a team-oriented environment. The total hours per week and work schedule are negotiable.
- Support senior management with assigned administrative tasks for company communications, recruiting and new hire onboarding, employee health and safety programs, and quality improvement initiatives.
- Update, draft, or provide formatting support for reports, presentations, and other documents using templates provided in Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint applications.
- Arrange meetings, travel, and other company events, including support for planning, scheduling, and logistics (e.g., booking venues, organizing travel arrangements, coordinating meals/catering orders, procuring conference giveaways or raffle prizes, shipping conference materials, etc.).
- Assist project managers with submittals to meet client specifications for new supplier registrations, insurance certificates, or other contracting requirements, and in tracking proposal or project schedules, milestones, and budgets as directed.
- Work with project managers as assigned on billing to draft, finalize, and submit invoices following company procedures and the client project specifications.
- Provide general office support, working with other administrative staff to answer the phone, sort the mail, ship equipment between offices as needed, maintain office supplies, and perform other clerical duties or general office organization tasks.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree with at least one year of professional office experience as an administrative assistant, project coordinator, or similar role.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with ability to prioritize and track multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills in interacting with employees and clients. Ability to work well in a team setting or complete tasks independently following established procedures.
- Competent written and oral communication skills; fluent in the English Language.
- Familiar with billing and/or accounts payable, basic accounting, or budgeting, or attention to detail and willingness to learn and follow established procedures.
- Proficient in Microsoft® Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Prior experience with billing using QuickBooks.
- Notary public or other experience with contracting and legal documents.
- Prior experience with internal/external website postings or through other media or accounts.
Interested candidates should email resume to email@example.com and reference “Admin-Albany” or “Admin-Syracuse” in the subject line. Please indicate if looking for a part-time and/or full-time position.