Safety and Industrial Hygiene Specialist – Ergonomics Program Coordinator – Albany/Saratoga, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time Safety and Industrial Hygiene position located at a client site in the New York State Capital Region within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Springs. The selected candidate will work in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment as part of a regional Environmental Health & Safety and Security (EHS&S) team for three sites in the Northeast.
An alternate location at a client site outside of Burlington, Vermont would also be considered. The position may require periodic travel between the New York State Capital Region and the Burlington, Vermont area.
The selected candidate will be responsible for coordinating the Ergonomics Program for the region and contributing to other Safety and Industrial Hygiene programs and initiatives. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct ergonomics assessments for workstations, equipment, and job tasks. Recommend ergonomic interventions as necessary.
- Maintain Ergonomics program documentation and records.
- Prepare metrics and reports for the Ergonomics program.
- Communicate EHS&S policies and procedures and work effectively with site personnel and contractors.
- Conduct safety and health inspections and audits.
- Complete industrial hygiene monitoring as directed.
- Conduct health and safety training sessions as assigned and/or update training materials.
- Assist EHS&S staff in preparing for internal audits or supporting other safety or industrial hygiene program initiatives
- Participate in site and regional EHS&S meetings and contribute to deliverables and other initiatives as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ergonomics/Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Hygiene/Environmental Health, Occupational Safety, or similar, or a science or engineering degree and relevant EHS work experience
- Experience range: 1 to 5 years considered
- Fluency in the English Language – written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well in individual and team settings
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail oriented individual
- Work/internship experience in a site EHS department
- Familiarity with occupational safety and health regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing or semiconductor environment
Submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com, and indicate “Ergonomics” in the subject line.