Industrial Hygiene and Safety Consultant – Greater Boston Area, MA
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs). In our 25th year of operations, we are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premier clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, profit sharing, and opportunities for professional development.
Join Colden’s EHS consulting team that includes sixteen (16) Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) with four (4) recognized as Fellows of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, ten (10) Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs), and more than ten (>10) scientists or engineers with master’s or doctoral degrees.
Colden is currently hiring an Industrial Hygiene and Safety Consultant with at least 5 years of experience in the greater Boston, MA area (alternate locations in central New England considered). This is a full-time position working with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and other technical and regulatory specialists to support consulting projects in the areas of industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental management, and occupational and environmental health sciences. The candidate will also support project management activities for EHS consulting assignments. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct or coordinate industrial hygiene surveys to assess chemical, physical, and biological agents and controls (e.g., air sampling, noise monitoring, ventilation system performance checks, etc.).
- Develop or update written safety and health programs and/or training materials.
- Conduct safety and health assessments, inspections, and audits in industrial and non-industrial settings, such as manufacturing sites, universities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, media and entertainment productions, warehouses, and offices.
- Perform indoor environmental quality investigations.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, ISO). Conduct or coordinate research for projects related to industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental health sciences or litigation support.
- Support proposal development and project management tasks as assigned. Track project services, deliverables, budgets, and milestones in relation to the contract and client expectations.
- Complete other assignments for consulting project or company initiatives.
- Prepare written reports using MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, environmental health, industrial hygiene, safety engineering, or a related field (or a science or engineering degree and relevant work experience)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and ethics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English Language
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with ability to multi-task and manage workload independently with support from others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Willing to travel as needed; this position may require travel depending on current projects and on-site work at client locations
- Familiarity with common hazard and exposure assessment methods, including industrial hygiene sampling and monitoring
- Working knowledge of occupational safety and health regulations, standards, and guidelines
- Professional certification (CIH and/or CSP) or the ability and desire to achieve certification within two to three years
- Project management experience
- EHS consulting experience
- OSHA 30-hour Construction certificate
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com, and indicate “Boston IH & Safety Consultant” in the subject line.