Construction Safety Specialist – Albany-Saratoga area, New York
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
Construction Safety Specialist positions are available at a client site in the New York State Capital Region (greater Albany area) within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Springs. The selected candidates will work as part of the client’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team to provide safety and health support for the planning and preparation, construction, and commissioning of a new manufacturing facility. Several full-time positions are available for candidates ranging from entry level to more experienced safety professionals.
- Participate in facility planning and construction meetings with the client’s EHS team, architect and engineers, contractors, and local regulatory authorities; prepare for meetings and complete action items as assigned.
- Support the client’s contractor safety program as directed, including contractor evaluation and selection processes as well as pre-task safety and health planning.
- Conduct safety inspections, audits, and other assessments.
- Communicate EHS policies and work effectively with site personnel and contractors.
- Review and update construction safety program documents and maintain required records.
- Coordinate or deliver contractor safety orientation as assigned or contribute to training material development or updates.
- Conduct tracking and reporting of hazards and near misses, incidents, and other EHS program metrics as assigned.
- Review safety checklists for installations or removals of high tech equipment, working with site and contract personnel to complete checklist items related to toxic chemical and gas systems, interlock mechanisms, emergency shutdown, and other controls
- Assist the client’s EHS team in supporting other site safety and health initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, construction management, occupational safety and health, or a related science or engineering field (relevant military/work experience considered as an alternate to the degree requirement)
- Experience range: 0 to 12 years
- Fluency in the English Language – written and oral
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well in individual and team settings
- COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption
- Construction safety knowledge and previous experience
- Familiarity with U.S. OSHA regulations and national consensus standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Please submit resume and cover letter to Recruiting@colden.com and reference “Construction Safety” in the subject line.