EHS Specialist – NYC
Colden Corporation is seeking an EHS Specialist to work out of our New York City office. This is a full-time position working within a dynamic consulting environment. You will work closely with a team of CIHs and CSPs, providing opportunities for growth and a path towards your certification(s), if desired.
- Work with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and specialists to provide environmental, health and safety consulting services to a diverse group of clients.
- Perform industrial hygiene surveys for a wide range of hazardous agents such as chemicals and noise.
- Perform safety audits in a wide range of industrial and non-industrial settings.
- Provide asbestos and other hazardous materials management services, including inspections and abatement project monitoring.
- Participate in indoor air quality investigations.
- Exercise a working knowledge of common safety program elements including but not limited to: confined space entry, fall protection, chemical management and respiratory protection.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ACGIH, ASHRAE).
- Interact with business leaders, technical personnel and production workers.
- Prepare written reports using MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, industrial hygiene, environmental science or another relevant science.
- 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations, standards and best practices.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and ethical conduct are essential.
- Must be able to manage challenging workloads independently with support from others.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable and recognize the importance of producing quality work.
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced urban working environment.
- Willing to travel and work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.