Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist – Albany-Saratoga area, New York
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist position located at a client site in the New York State Capital Region (greater Albany area) within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Springs. The selected candidate will support the client’s occupational safety and health programs, working in a fast paced, high tech environment as part of a site and regional EHS team for the client’s Northeast facilities.
- Complete industrial hygiene monitoring and other exposure assessments, based on the site sampling plan and as otherwise directed.
- Conduct safety and health inspections, audits, and other assessments.
- Communicate EHS policies and work effectively with site personnel and contractors.
- Coordinate or deliver safety and health training as assigned or contribute to materials development or updates.
- Conduct tracking and reporting of hazards and near misses, incidents, and other EHS program metrics as assigned.
- Review and update safety and health program documents and maintain required records.
- Assist client EHS team in supporting site or regional EHS initiatives, including audits for ISO 45001, ISO 14001, the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program, or other voluntary standards.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in occupational safety and health, industrial hygiene, environmental health, safety engineering, industrial engineering, or a related science or engineering field (relevant military/work experience considered as an alternate to the degree requirement)
- Experience range: 0 to 5 years
- Fluency in the English Language – written and oral
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented individual
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well in individual and team settings
- Ability to travel if needed based on infrequent, advanced request(s) to client site in adjacent state (~2.75 hours away)
- COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption
- Knowledge of common industrial hygiene monitoring methods
- Previous experience in a site EHS department
- Familiarity with U.S. OSHA regulations and national consensus standards
- Familiarity with manufacturing or semiconductor environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Please submit resume and cover letter to Recruiting@colden.com and reference “EHS Specialist -NY” in the subject line.