EHS Specialist – Asbestos Services – Syracuse, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs). We are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, profit sharing, and opportunities for professional development. Our Syracuse office is located in Central New York in the Finger Lakes Wine Country, serving as a gateway to the Adirondack Mountains and within a few hours of New York City and New England.
Join Colden’s EHS consulting team that includes sixteen (16) Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) with four (4) recognized as Fellows of the American Industrial Hygiene Association, ten (10) Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs), and more than ten (>10) scientists or engineers with master’s or doctoral degrees.
Excellent opportunity for a young professional to work out of our Syracuse, New York office. The right candidate will have an interest in asbestos project monitoring and air sampling, with a strong interest and aptitude in field work related to hazardous building material management and environmental, health, and safety (EHS). The EHS Specialist will have the opportunity to work on various asbestos projects and receive tailored mentoring from Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs). Interest in construction safety is a plus and Colden will provide professional development opportunities to strengthen knowledge in this field.
- Work with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and specialists to provide EHS consulting services to a diverse group of clients.
- Provide asbestos management services; including inspections, sampling, and project monitoring.
- Perform safety audits in a wide range of industrial and non-industrial settings.
- Exercise a working knowledge of hazardous building material recognition and their methods of control.
- Participate in addressing other issues such as respiratory protection, industrial hygiene, and hazardous materials abatement.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ANSI, NFPA).
- Interact with business leaders, technical personnel and production workers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and ethical conduct are essential.
- Prepare written reports using MS Office Applications.
- Working knowledge of federal and New York state asbestos regulations required.
- Science degree (AS) preferred.
- New York State Department of Labor (NYSDOL) Asbestos Building Inspector, Asbestos Project Monitoring an Air Sampling Technician certification preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be able to manage challenging workload independently with support from others.
- Must display initiative.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and recognize the importance of producing quality work.
- Willing to travel overnight and work flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable car.
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “EHS Specialist, Asbestos Services – Syracuse” in the subject line.