Emergency Dispatch and Emergency Response Team (ERT) Positions – Burlington, Vermont Area
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients.
Colden is seeking individuals with Emergency Dispatch and/or Emergency Response experience to fill full-time, part-time, and on-call positions supporting the Emergency Response Team (ERT) at a client site in the Burlington, Vermont area.
Positions are available for emergency dispatch/security command center operations, as well as active ERT roles to respond to odor reports, hazardous material releases, medical incidents, fires, and other emergencies or assigned site activities. Some positions may have varied shifts including overnights and weekends.
These positions are located at the client site in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment, working within their Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHS&S) department to support the safety, loss control, and emergency preparedness and response programs. Responsibilities may include:
- For emergency dispatchers, respond to reported threats or emergency situations by following site notification and reporting procedures for summoning the ERT and/or external response organizations. Complete assigned tasks for site monitoring and reporting for any threats or emergencies, within the security command center functions.
- For ERT roles, respond to fires, odor reports, and confined space, hazardous material, and emergency medical incidents, within the assigned role and capabilities.
- Maintain and inspect site emergency response equipment.
- Perform fire and life safety inspections.
- Recommend measures to reduce or eliminate potential fire hazards, or to improve emergency detection or response capabilities.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner, following the site procedures and requirements.
- Complete other assigned tasks to support the emergency preparedness and response programs, and client’s EHS&S objectives and activities.
- High School Diploma and or GED Equivalent or Military Experience
- Current and valid driver’s license
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Experience in Emergency Dispatch and/or Emergency Response
For active ERT roles:
- Current licenses/certifications as a Firefighter and Hazardous Materials Technician
- Active interior firefighter or prior experience as a Firefighter or Volunteer Firefighter
- Physical capacity demands including ability to lift over 125 lbs. and use a self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Certified First Responder
- Familiarity with fire and life safety programs for manufacturing
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “ERT-VT” in the subject line.