Environmental Specialist – Chemical Management Program Manager – Albany, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety business seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time position located at a client site in the Albany, New York Capital Region, within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Springs. Alternatively, the candidate may be located at a client site in the Burlington, Vermont area. The selected candidate will serve as the regional Chemical Management Program Manager, working as part of a team of environmental compliance professionals at three sites in New York and Vermont which are managed as an integrated Northeast Region Environmental Health & Safety and Security (EHSS) organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Complete assigned responsibilities for the regional chemical management program including new chemical authorization approvals, Toxic Substances and Control Act (TSCA) import/export reviews, chemical purchase and shipment reviews, and chemical storage tracking.
- Review and monitor applicable environmental regulations, including TSCA, Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA) and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) program, and other applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Drive the completion of environmental deliverables (e.g., EPCRA Tier II reporting, TRI).
- Maintain the Chemical Management Program documentation and records according to the applicable requirements.
- Monitor and report on chemical management using the established environmental performance metrics.
- Participate in site and regional EHSS meetings or industry meetings and contribute to deliverables and other initiatives as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental health, chemistry, environmental engineering, or related science or engineering field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English language
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with or knowledge of environmental regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms and competence working with IT applications
- Experience with environmental compliance in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience range: 2 to 7 years
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com and reference “Environmental Specialist – Chemical Management” in the subject line.