Environmental Specialist: Environmental Scientist/Engineer I – Burlington, VT
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety business seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time entry-level position for an Environmental Scientist or Engineer located at a client site in the Burlington, Vermont area. The selected candidate will work as part of an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) team to support the site and Northeast Regional environmental programs and EHS objectives.
The selected entry-level candidate will have the opportunity to learn about environmental management systems and environmental regulatory requirements for semiconductor manufacturing operations. This position will work directly with EHS, Manufacturing, and Facilities personnel to develop and improve upon EHS Programs to maintain best in class performance.
This role will provide an opportunity to learn and engage in a variety of environmental programs and make direct contributions, including for Air Emissions, Wastewater Treatment, Chemical Bulk Storage and Management, and Waste Management, among others. The selected candidate must perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support the client’s Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
Assigned tasks may include:
- Reviewing and monitoring various environmental regulations to provide assurance that site programs and procedure are compliant and best in class.
- Compiling various environmental deliverables, with guidance from technical mentors and under the supervision of senior EHS team members.
- Conducting environmental compliance evaluations and audits.
- Monitoring key performance indicator metrics to support continual improvement activities, with reporting on environmental performance.
- Updating and maintaining environmental program documentation and records.
- Participating in site and regional EHS meetings and other initiatives as directed, and completing other activities assigned to support the client’s EHS programs and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or similar science, technology, or engineering field
- Experience range: 0 to 2 years considered
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English Language
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism; safety and ethical conduct are essential
- Familiarity with environmental regulations
- Internship, co-op or other work experience as an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Scientist
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference “Environmental Specialist – Burlington” in the subject line.