Environmental Specialist – Air Compliance Program Manager – Albany, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety business seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time position located at a client site in the Albany, New York Capital Region, within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Springs. The selected candidate will serve as the site’s Air Compliance Program Manager, working as part of a team of environmental compliance professionals at three sites in the Northeast, managed as a regional Environmental Health & Safety and Security (EHSS) organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Track and maintain compliance with the site Air Pollution Permit.
- Assemble or contribute to required reporting related to the Air Compliance Program (e.g., Annual Source Emissions, Stack testing, Green House Gases, Toxic Release Inventory).
- Review and monitor applicable environmental regulations (e.g., Clean Air Act, Toxic Substances Control Act, and other applicable local, State, and Federal regulatory bodies).
- Complete inspections and other program reviews.
- Engage with site population to promote awareness of environmental aspects, impacts and work rules.
- Interface with applicable regulatory agencies and vendors.
- Investigate incidents related to the Air Compliance Program.
- Monitor and report on environmental performance.
- Maintain program documentation and records.
- Participate in site and regional EHSS meetings and contribute to deliverables and other initiatives as directed.
- Represent the site at cross-site meetings and industry meetings as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, atmospheric science, environmental science, or related science or engineering field
- Experience range: 2 to 7 years
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English Language
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to negotiate with and direct others
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- Knowledge of Federal air regulations
- Experience with air compliance in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of NYS air regulations
- Familiarity with environmental compliance auditing
- Aptitude for calculating environmental emissions and managing reporting
- Experience with structured problem solving techniques
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com and reference “Environmental Specialist – Air Compliance” in the subject line.