Environmental Specialist – Wastewater Compliance – Albany/Saratoga, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing Environmental Health and Safety business seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients including Fortune 100 companies. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time position located at a client site in the Albany, New York Capital Region, within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Springs. The selected candidate will serve as an Environmental Specialist responsible for the site Wastewater Compliance Program. This individual will work as part of a team of environmental compliance professionals managed as an integrated Northeast Region Environmental Health & Safety and Security (EHSS) organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Administer the site wastewater discharge permit.
- Manage programs for the site’s Wastewater Compliance.
- Assemble various environmental deliverables associated with the location’s wastewater program and contribute to other required submissions. These include but are not limited to: Monthly Discharge Reports, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Toxic Release Inventory, etc.
- Inspect and evaluate facilities and programs to assess compliance with environmental regulations,
- Review and monitor various environmental regulations such as the Clean Water Act, Toxic Substance Control Act, and other applicable local, state, and federal regulations
- Represent the site for wastewater compliance issues in interfacing with regulatory agencies, vendors, and at industry meetings or company cross-site meetings.
- Monitor and report on wastewater management using the established environmental performance metrics.
- Participate in site and regional EHSS meetings and contribute to deliverables and other initiatives as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related engineering or science field
- Experience range: at least 5 years
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in the English language
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with or knowledge of environmental regulations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption
- Experience with environmental compliance in a complex manufacturing environment
- Experience working with regulatory agencies on wastewater permitting and compliance issues
Please submit resume and cover letter to Recruiting@colden.com and reference “Environmental Specialist – Wastewater Compliance” in the subject line.