Ergonomist – Malta, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time position for a mid-level health and safety specialist focused on ergonomics in a fast paced, high tech environment located at a client site in Malta, NY and Burlington, VT. The selected candidate will work in the client’s Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department to develop, implement, coordinate, and monitor the Northeast Regional Ergonomics Program.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct workstation and industrial ergonomic assessments & evaluations
- Proactively identify high risk areas and prioritize intervention
- Conduct task analyses using such tools as observation, checklists, interviews, questionnaires, videotape and force measurement.
- Produce clear, well organized written reports describing findings and recommendations.
- Develop criteria for selecting tools, equipment, personal protective equipment and systems appropriate to a safe working environment.
- Develop and conduct training programs.
- Develop and distribute training and informational materials.
- Train designated supervisors/managers, employees and other EHS&S staff to conduct ergonomic assessments and training.
- Participate in Safety Committees, providing guidance on ergonomics hazards and risk remediation strategies.
- Lead ergonomic improvement projects and initiatives throughout the region.
- Assist with other Environmental, Health, Safety and Security activities as assigned.
- Be able to regularly travel throughout the Northeast region.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Safety, Human Factors, Ergonomics or related field, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in occupational ergonomics, required.
- Certification as a Professional Ergonomist required within one year of hire.
- Skilled in written and verbal communications, training, analysis and computer skills, required.
- Demonstrated leadership in planning, organizing, and delegating, required.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications – Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental, regulatory and industry standards.
- Fluency in the English Language – written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work well in individual and team settings
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail oriented individual
- Familiarity with manufacturing and semiconductor environment
- Proficiency in Google applications
Submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com, and indicate Ergonomist-Malta or Ergonomist-Burlington in the subject line.