Health and Safety Specialist – Workers’ Compensation Coordinator – Albany/Saratoga, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time position as a Health & Safety Specialist – Workers’ Compensation Coordinator located at a client site in the Albany/Saratoga, NY area in a fast-paced, high-tech manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will work within the site’s EHS department to support the client’s occupational safety and health programs. This candidate will be responsible for coordinating the Workers’ Compensation program and serving as a liaison between Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), occupational medical/return to work, and the operational units. The position may require infrequent regional travel.
- Ensure compliance with Federal or State occupational health and safety standards and workers’ compensation requirements.
- Administer workers’ compensation claims.
- Monitor workers on leave due to workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Assist in coordination of an injured worker’s return to work or arranging for and monitoring light-duty programs for workers not yet recovered enough to resume their regular duties.
- Conduct safety inspections and audits or assessments.
- Review and update safety program documentation and maintain required records.
- Conduct tracking and reporting of incidents and health and safety program metrics as assigned.
- Communicate EHS policies and work effectively with contractors and client personnel.
- Assist client EHS staff in supporting other site or regional safety or EHS initiatives, including audits for ISO 45001, ISO 14001, the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program and other voluntary standards.
- Complete other assigned health & safety tasks in support of the client’s EHS objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental health, or a related science or engineering field (relevant experience considered as an alternate to the degree requirement)
- Experience managing Workers’ Compensation programs
- Experience range: 3 to 7 years
- Fluency in the English Language – written and oral
- Interpersonal skills – able to work well in individual and team settings
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented individual
- Work or internship experience in a site EHS department
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing or semiconductor environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com and reference “Health and Safety Specialist – Workers’ Compensation Coordinator” in the subject line.