Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist – Albany/Saratoga, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premier clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
Colden is currently hiring an Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist with 0 to 5 years of experience to work out of our Albany-Saratoga Springs area office (located within 3 hours of NYC, Boston, and Montreal). This is a full-time position working with a team of Certified Industrial Hygienists, Certified Safety Professionals, senior scientists, and other specialists to support consulting projects in the areas of industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental management, and occupational and environmental health sciences. Project assignments may include:
- Conduct industrial hygiene surveys to assess chemical, physical and biological agents (e.g., air sampling, noise monitoring, etc.).
- Conduct health and safety assessments, inspections, and investigations in a wide range of industrial and non-industrial settings, such as universities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, media and entertainment productions, offices, and other client locations.
- Participate on health and safety compliance and environmental health and safety (EHS) management system audits (e.g., ISO 14001, ISO 45001).
- Develop or update health and safety programs and training materials for clients.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, ANSI, NFPA). Complete assigned research tasks in occupational and environmental health sciences or for litigation support projects.
- Prepare written reports and presentations using MS Office Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS), preferably in occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, environmental health, or public health (or a science or engineering degree and relevant work experience).
- Experience range: 0 to 5 years considered.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism. Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented with ability to manage workload independently with support from others.
- Willing and flexible to travel.
- Work or internship experience in environmental health and safety.
- Working knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Familiarity with common industrial hygiene monitoring methods.
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com, and indicate Albany IH & Safety Specialist in the subject line.