Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist – New York, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business with a focus on quality, employee professional development, and client service, and we are seeking motivated professionals to join our team serving premier clients. We offer a competitive compensation package including medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, and profit sharing.
Colden is currently hiring an Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist with 0 to 5 years of experience to work out of our New York City office. This is a full-time position working with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and other specialists to support consulting projects in the areas of industrial hygiene and occupational safety and providing opportunities for growth and a path towards your own certifications.
- Conduct industrial hygiene surveys to assess chemical, physical, and biological agents (e.g., air and surface sampling, noise monitoring, etc.).
- Perform health and safety assessments, inspections, and investigations in a wide range of industrial and non-industrial settings, such as universities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, media and entertainment production studios, offices, and other client locations.
- Participate on health and safety compliance and environmental health and safety (EHS) management system audits (e.g., ISO 14001, ISO 45001).
- Assist with asbestos and other hazardous materials management services, including inspections and abatement project monitoring.
- Participate in indoor air quality investigations.
- Exercise a working knowledge of common safety program elements including, but not limited to confined space entry, fall protection, chemical management, and respiratory protection.
- Develop/update health and safety programs and training materials for clients.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ACGIH, ASHRAE, ANSI).
- Interact professionally with business leaders, technical personnel, and production workers.
- Prepare written reports and presentations using MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, public health (or a science or engineering degree with relevant work experience).
- 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and ethical conduct are essential.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented with ability to manage workload independently with support from others.
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced urban working environment.
- Willing to travel and work flexible hours when needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Work or internship experience in occupational health and safety preferred.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate ‘Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist – New York, NY’ in the subject line.