Industrial Hygiene and Safety Consultant – Greater Boston Area, MA
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIHs) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSPs). In our 25th year of operations, we are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premier clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, professional development, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
Colden is currently hiring an Industrial Hygiene and Safety Consultant with at least 3 years of experience in the greater Boston, MA area (alternate locations in central New England considered). This is a full-time position working with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and other technical and regulatory specialists to support consulting projects in the areas of industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental management, and occupational and environmental health sciences, and to conduct or support project management. Project assignments may include:
- Conduct or coordinate industrial hygiene surveys to assess chemical, physical, and biological agents and controls (e.g., air sampling, noise monitoring, ventilation system performance checks, etc.).
- Develop or update written safety and health programs and/or training materials.
- Conduct safety and health assessments, inspections, and audits in industrial and non-industrial settings, such as manufacturing sites, universities, hospitals, laboratories, museums, media and entertainment productions, warehouses, and offices.
- Conduct indoor environmental quality investigations.
- Research and accurately reference standards (e.g., OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, ISO).
- Conduct or coordinate research for projects related to industrial hygiene, occupational safety, environmental health sciences or litigation support.
- Complete proposal development and project management tasks. Track project services, deliverables, budgets, and milestones in relation to the contract and client expectations.
- Complete other assigned tasks for consulting projects or internal assignments (e.g., EHS management system (ISO 14001, ISO 45001) development and audit support, based on the individual’s experience and interests).
- Prepare written reports using MS Office Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in occupational safety and health, public health, environmental health, or a related industrial hygiene or safety field (or a science or engineering degree and relevant work experience).
- Experience range: at least 3-5 years of relevant experience at minimum.
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism. Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented with ability to manage workload independently with support from others.
- Familiarity with common hazard and exposure assessment methods, including industrial hygiene sampling and monitoring.
- Working knowledge of occupational safety and health regulations, standards, and guidelines.
- Certification (CIH and/or CSP) or the ability and desire to achieve certification within two to three years.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- EHS consulting experience.
- OSHA 30-hour Construction certificate.