EHS Specialist – Atlanta, GA
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
Colden Corporation is seeking an EHS Specialist to work out of our Atlanta, Georgia office supporting TV/Film production and other clients. This is a full-time position working within a dynamic consulting environment. You will work closely with a team of CIHs and CSPs, providing opportunities for growth and a path towards your certification(s), if desired.
- Work with a team of CIHs, CSPs, senior scientists, and specialists to provide health and safety consulting services to a diverse group of clients including in the media and entertainment industry.
- Perform safety audits in a wide range of industrial and non-industrial settings.
- Perform industrial hygiene surveys for a wide range of hazardous agents such as chemicals and noise.
- Provide COVID-19 support including program implementation, training and compliance management.
- Provide asbestos and other hazardous materials management services, including inspections and abatement project monitoring.
- Participate in indoor air quality investigations.
- Exercise a working knowledge of common safety program elements including but not limited to: confined space entry, fall protection, respiratory protection, and infection control.
- Research and accurately reference standards and guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA, ACGIH, ASHRAE, CDC).
- Interact with business leaders, technical personnel and production workers.
- Prepare written reports using MS Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health, industrial hygiene, safety, environmental science or another relevant science.
- 0 to 5 years of experience.
- Working knowledge of health and safety regulations, standards and best practices.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and ethical conduct are essential.
- Must be able to manage challenging workloads independently with support from others.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable and recognize the importance of producing quality work.
- Able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- Willing to travel and work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line.