Safety and Health Specialist – Fishkill, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time entry level position located at a client site in the Fishkill, New York area in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will work in the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department under the direction of site occupational safety and health program leads. The position may require infrequent regional travel.
The candidate will support occupational safety and health programs at the site. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct safety inspections and audits
- Communicate EHS policies and procedures and work effectively with site personnel and contractors
- Conduct health and safety training sessions as assigned
- Review tool safety installations or removals, working with site and contract personnel to complete checklist items related to toxic chemical and gas systems, safety interlock mechanisms, emergency shutdown, and other controls
- Prepare health and safety metrics and reports
- Conduct tracking, recordkeeping, and reporting of health and safety incidents
- Develop or review and update safety program documentation
- Complete industrial hygiene monitoring as directed
- Assist EHS department staff in preparing for internal audits or supporting other safety or industrial hygiene program initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, safety engineering, safety management, industrial hygiene, environmental health, or similar field, or a science or engineering degree and relevant EHS work experience
- Experience range: 0 to 5 years considered
- Fluency in the English Language – written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to work well in individual and team settings
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail oriented individual
- Work/internship experience in a site EHS department
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing or semiconductor environment
- Proficiency in Google applications
Submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com, and indicate Safety & Health Specialist-Fishkill in the subject line.