Safety Specialist – Utica, NY
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, including medical benefits, paid vacation, and professional development opportunities.
This is a full-time Safety Specialist position located at a client site in the Utica, NY area. The selected candidate will work within the client’s Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department at a newly built high tech manufacturing site, providing support for the client’s occupational safety and health programs and EHS department initiatives.
- Review high tech manufacturing tool safety installations, coordinate and work with site and contract personnel to complete checklist items related to chemical and gas systems, safety interlock mechanisms, emergency shutdown, and other quality or safety controls.
- Communicate EHS policies and work effectively with client personnel and contractors.
- Conduct safety inspections, assessments, and audits to identify safety compliance or conformance issues, following the client’s criteria and evaluation processes.
- Develop, review and update EHS program documentation.
- Coordinate or deliver safety training.
- Maintain required records for safety training, safety inspections, and other EHS tasks.
- Conduct tracking and reporting of incidents and EHS program metrics as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, safety engineering, construction safety, or a related science or engineering field (relevant experience considered as an alternate to the degree requirement).
- Experience range: 0 to 5 years.
- Fluency in the English Language with good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented individual.
- Work or internship experience in a site EHS department.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations for General Industry and/or Construction.
- Experience with interpretation of design documents.
- Experience in the high technology sector and/or a manufacturing environment.
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com and reference “Safety Specialist -Utica” in the subject line.