Safety and Health Specialist – Burlington, VT
This is a full-time entry level position located at a client site in the Burlington, Vermont area in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will work in the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department under the direction of site occupational health and safety program leads.
The candidate will support occupational safety and health and industrial hygiene programs at the site. Responsibilities may include:
- Conduct safety inspections and audits.
- Communicate EHS policies and procedures and work effectively with site personnel and contractors.
- Conduct safety orientation, or other health and safety training sessions as assigned.
- Prepare weekly and monthly metrics and health and safety reports.
- Conduct tracking, recordkeeping, and reporting of health and safety incidents.
- Develop or review and update safety program documentation.
- Complete industrial hygiene monitoring as directed.
- Assist EHS department staff in preparing for internal audits or supporting other safety or industrial hygiene program initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, safety engineering, safety management, industrial hygiene, environmental health, or similar field, or a science or engineering degree and relevant EHS work experience
- Experience range: 0 to 3 years considered
- Fluency in the English Language – written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform.
- Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and ethical conduct are essential
- Must be self-motivated, reliable, and detail oriented with ability to manage workload independently, with support from EHS mentors
- Work/internship experience in a site EHS department
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing or semiconductor environment
- Familiarity with Google applications
Submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com, and indicate VT Safety & Health Specialist in the subject line.