Colden Safety and Environmental Health Specialist – Poughkeepsie area, New York
Colden Corporation is an occupational health and safety and environmental management consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time Safety and Environmental Health Specialist position located at a client facility working as part of the site’s occupational safety and health team in a high tech, dynamic environment. The client site is located in downstate New York, approximately thirty minutes south of Poughkeepsie, close to I-84 and I-87 and one hour north of New York City.
- Conduct workplace safety inspections and audits, and safety and health program evaluations.
- Complete job hazard assessments and machine safeguarding and tool installation safety reviews.
- Support industrial hygiene exposure assessments, surveys, and other monitoring, as directed and working with facility or company industrial hygiene staff.
- Coordinate or deliver safety training as assigned, such as new employee safety orientation and/or contractor safety orientation.
- Communicate safety and health policies and work effectively with facility personnel and contractors.
- Review and update safety and health program documents and maintain required records.
- Conduct weekly and monthly tracking and reporting for safety and health metrics as assigned, and for hazards and near misses, incidents, and other safety program responsibilities.
- Assist site team in supporting other safety and health initiatives, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, occupational safety and health, construction safety, environmental health, or a related science or engineering field
- Experience range: 0 to 5 years
- Fluency in the English Language – written and oral
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented individual
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work well in individual and team settings
- COVID-19 vaccination or approved exemption
- Familiarity with U.S. OSHA regulations
- Previous experience in a site EHS department
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Please submit resume and cover letter to Recruiting@colden.com and reference “Safety and Environmental Health Specialist -Downstate NY” in the subject line.