Safety Specialist – Burlington, VT
Colden Corporation is an occupational health, safety and environmental consulting firm owned and managed by practicing Certified Industrial Hygienists and Certified Safety Professionals. We are a dynamic and growing business, seeking experienced individuals to join our team serving premiere clients. We offer an attractive compensation package, medical benefits, 401K retirement plan, paid vacation, and profit sharing.
This is a full-time Safety Specialist position located at a client site near Burlington, Vermont in a fast paced, high tech manufacturing environment. The selected candidate will work within the site’s EHS department to support the client’s occupational safety and health programs. The position may require infrequent regional travel (e.g., to another client site in New York for regional safety program initiatives).
- Conduct safety inspections and audits or assessments.
- Review and update safety program documentation and maintain required records.
- Conduct tracking and reporting of incidents and health and safety program metrics as assigned.
- Communicate EHS policies and work effectively with contractors and client personnel.
- Coordinate or deliver site safety training as assigned.
- Review tool safety installations or removals, working with site and contract personnel to complete checklist items related to chemical and gas systems, safety interlock mechanisms, emergency shutdown, and other quality or safety controls, as requested.
- Assist client EHS staff in supporting other site or regional safety or EHS initiatives, including audits for ISO 45001, ISO 14001, the OSHA Voluntary Protection Program and other voluntary standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, safety engineering, construction safety, or a related science or engineering field (relevant experience considered as an alternate to the degree requirement)
- Experience range: 0 to 5 years
- Fluency in the English Language – written and oral
- Interpersonal skills – able to work well in individual and team settings
- Self-motivated, reliable, and detail-oriented individual
- Work or internship experience in a site EHS department
- Familiarity with occupational health and safety regulations
- Familiarity with manufacturing or semiconductor environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
Please submit resume and cover letter to HR@colden.com and reference “Safety Specialist -VT” in the subject line.