Discussion Series – Session #3 – “Beyond Transparency: Improving Product Decisions with Transparency and Material Health Information”
Session will be held at the Parsons School of Design, located at 25 E 13th St, New York from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm on October 30th, 2018.
There will be an additional web session, live stream available here.
Building firm commitment and practitioner knowledge of transparency are fundamental steps that any architecture and design firm can take. For those who have taken these steps, this third session in our Discussion Series will provide insight into the next level of integrating material health information with other decision parameters. We will address the question: ‘How can project teams tackle the question of “selecting healthier products.”’ We will explore decision-making frameworks that integrate consideration of material health attributes with cost, performance and other product characteristics. Drawing on experience in related fields such as industrial hygiene, we will explore the tools that are feasible in today’s situation, to support these next steps in selecting and specifying healthier building products, and healthier buildings.
- John Amatruda, Principal – Vidaris, Inc.
- Catherine Bobenhausen, Senior Consultant – Colden Corporation
- Heather Henriksen, Managing Director- Harvard University Office for Sustainability
- Jonsara Ruth, Design Director- Parsons Healthy Materials Lab
- Alison Mears, Director- Parsons Healthy Materials Lab
- Wendy Vittori, Executive Director – Health Product Declaration Collaborative
For more information, click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/improving-product-decisions-with-transparency-material-health-information-tickets-51562437639