October 21st, 2020
Join Colden’s Chrisy Walsh, MS, CIH present as the keynote speaker for the Virtual PDC “Women in IH Leadership Summit – Managing Change and Creating a Culture of Innovation” on October 21st, 2020 at 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm.
The mission statement for the Women in IH community is to “provide a platform for professional women to support career development, promote leadership skills, and share information relevant to women working in industrial hygiene.” Building upon the overwhelming success of the inaugural Women in IH Leadership Summit at AIHce EXP 2019, the Women in IH Committee is pleased to present a follow-on PDC committed to the theme of “managing change.” Topics will address change issues such as: a) transitioning from a technical practitioner into a management role; b) surviving organizational change; and c) finding your place after an employment change. All sessions will address how to manage change in the context of leadership, the IH field, and from the perspective of women.
Chrisy will be introducing the idea of “Shifting and Refocusing” one’s goals and objectives throughout any stage of their career. She will also address the significance a leader’s role in fostering an environment of continual change and improvement.
While the course is sponsored by the Women in IH Committee and is geared toward the committee’s mission, the content is applicable to the entire AIHA membership. The committee welcomes all interested individuals to attend the PDC.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand the science of human drives and how they influence how we view change.
- Understand my own “Change DNA” and what it says about how I deal with it.
- Learn how to apply the knowledge of these factors to shape how to more effectively deploy a Change Management initiative.
- Define ways to harness the power of their people to shape culture.
- Change hearts and minds through sharing of personal stories and experiences.
- Discuss the role of leadership in activating culture change.
- Leverage successful strategies for a culture change within their organization.
- Discuss change management as a universal practice, or not.
- Evaluate three counterintuitive approaches to sustaining large-scale change.
- Assess how these factors might relate to initiatives in their organization.
For more information and register, click here: https://www.aiha.org/education/elearning/virtual-pdc-week-fall-2020/women-in-ih-leadership-summit