LEEDv4 (and v4.1) requires design integration, and early intervention for new construction or major renovation projects – introducing best practices in the design, and continuing with these best practices through construction, operation and maintenance. As part of this integration process, Colden works seamlessly with the owner and the design team, offering collaborative, specialized consulting services for construction air quality management, safer building materials, indoor air quality, and O&M policies and programs. Our LEED team consists of LEED BD+C Accredited Professionals, LEED Green Associates, Certified Industrial Hygienists, Authorized GreenScreen™ Practitioners, and Doctoral trained Senior Scientists.
Colden’s LEED Services
- Construction Indoor Air Quality Management Plans – We develop and monitor compliance with IAQ management plans for construction, including community air monitoring programs and regular construction compliance monitoring.
- Low Emitting Materials – We help source low-emitting materials, reviewing manufacturing data and emissions test reports, for paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, caulks, flooring, ceiling, composite wood and furniture.
- Building Product Disclosure and Optimization/Material Ingredients – We evaluate building product transparency documents and verify claims.
- PBT Source Reduction – We work with healthcare clients and their designers to reduce mercury, lead, cadmium and copper in specified products and inform selection of LEED compliant furniture and medical furnishings.
- Pre-Occupancy Indoor Air Quality – As part of the new building commissioning, we conduct indoor air quality assessments, including exemplary performance targets, prior to building occupancy.
- Tenant Design and Construction Guidelines – We identify sustainable design and construction strategies for tenant build-outs.
- Green Cleaning Policy, Products and Materials – We set goals and strategies for cleaning, including protection of vulnerable occupants and appropriate disinfectant use.
- Integrated Pest Management – We develop programs including nonchemical pest prevention.
- IAQ Management Program – We establish IAQ management strategies based on EPA’s I-BEAM, and audit performance.
- Innovation – We work with owners and their design teams to select and document compliance with LEED innovative approaches to advance occupant health and well-being.