Occupational noise-induced hearing loss is one of the leading occupational illnesses in the United States. There is no cure for permanent hearing loss due to noise exposure. In addition, exposure to noise can cause lost productivity due to fatigue, elevated blood pressure, and tension. A hearing conservation program protects employee’s hearing, and reduces the likelihood of workers compensation claims due to hearing loss. Colden professionals can assist you in complying with OSHA’s hearing conservation program.
- Hearing conservation program development
- Personal and area noise exposure sampling
- Establishment of ear protection zones
- Design and implementation of hearing protection training
- Design and assessment of engineering control measures
- Community noise assessments