Assessment and identification of conditions that can lead to microbial growth are important because of the potential health effects caused by certain bacteria and fungi. For example, certain fungi and bacteria produce spores and chemicals called mycotoxins and endotoxins that can be allergenic, pathogenic, or toxic to humans. Colden offers complete microbial identification and abatement management.
- Visual assessment of building and mechanical systems
- Review of HVAC maintenance practices
- Collection and analysis of surface and air samples
- Preparation of remediation specifications and cleanup standards
- Monitoring of remediation projects
- Preparation of operation and maintenance plans to prevent the recurrence of microbial growth
Colden has NYSDOL licensed mold assessors.
Colden also provides assessment and sampling for water-derived pathogens such as Legionella bacteria in high-risk environments. Assessments include evaluation of HVAC cooling towers and potable water systems.